Monday 7 January 2008

Brave new world website

It looks at though there is the start of a brave new world website at Edgbaston, with the launch of a fancy new site. It seems fairly obvious to your correspondant that the WCCC hierachy are running scared of the Raggy Bear and its burgeoning readership and are attempting to claw back readership by offering news on a wide range of topics from the world of cricket. However the old adage remains true; a jack of all trades and a master of none.
For sporadic and unecessarily detailed news on the bears there is only one site for you.

A side effect of the new website, which appears to use frames, is that it no longer seems possible for me to link to stories on the WCCC website directly. It looks as though in the unlikely event of the WCCC website covering something that slips under the radar of Cricinfo, the Post or the Mail I will just write it here myself as a post, instead of linking to it. I might even pretend I found it out myself.

I liken this media blackout to the North Korean govenment refusing to allow an underground newspaper to carry official party propaganda. I'm running a revolutionary press here, and if the web-goblins at WCCC want to make it hard for me to pass-on their occasional "news" then so be it. Their counterproductive policies will not harm this journal one jot.

No comments: