Friday 14 March 2008

Majid Haq set for trial

I have to admit that this is not exactly ground breaking news, however I couldn't resist the chance to show off about my surfing prowess having tracked down the following story in the Paisley Sports Express (Paisley is in Scotland incidentally)

Scottish International all-rounder Majid Haq will have a week long trial with Warwickshire next week to try to win county playing deal. He is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

The 25-year-old is a off-break bowler, who primarily provides control during the middle overs of one-day cricket, but is better known for his hard-hitting batting at the top of the innings. He met Ashley Giles at the Cricket Scotland annual awards dinner at the close of the season and this was when the possibility of a trial was first discussed.

Haq told Paisley Express Sports: “Hopefully it will go well as it’s a good chance to make a living out of cricket.

“I’m not really nervous about it as over the past season I’ve played against the top internationals for Scotland and I’ve also played in two World Cups.

Haq added: “Everyone who knows anything about county cricket will tell you Warwickshire is in one of the top three or four teams along with Lancashire, Surrey and Yorkshire.

“It would be a great chance for me to develop my cricket although at this stage I don’t want to look too far ahead.

There you go it might not be a big story but for once the Raggy Bear has beaten the Post and Mail to the drop, not to mention the Edgbaston website, but then to be fair I beat the Edgbaston site to most stories.


See also : Embarrassing retraction (!!)

Edited by Raggybear at 22.12 15/10/2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think this was in The Birmingham Post in Nov...
http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/tm_method=full&objectid=20114347&siteid=50002-name_page.html