Wednesday 16 April 2008

Weather report

Just cycled past the ground on my way to work. Weather is really grey and overcast, but doesn't look like it is going to rain imminently. I would think the game will start on time, but it is going to be a day for 2 jumpers and heat-packs in the pockets for the fielding team. If it was the height of summer I would expect the clouds to burn off later in the morning, but I'm not convinced its warm enough!

It rained heavily yesterday evening and overnight, which means the pitch will have been covered and sweating. Without seeing the pitch, I am speculating, but I would think its probably going to be a win the toss and bowl pitch. It highly likely there will be a bit of green and some moisture in it and the morning should stay overcast for a bit.

Weather forecast on the BBC is for sunny spells in the early afternoon and then rain showers later on.

Scorecard updates are available from the BBC Coventry and Warwickshire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is still freezing and a bit drizzly, would be disappointed if it was anything else on the 1st day of the cricket season.

Anonymous said...

weather update- the sun is out now, I might come along. By the way I have your books, is this the best way to communicate as you are not replying to emails?