Saturday 16 August 2008

A little gem

Something I came across while trawling the net for obscure Warwickshire news:

Graham Smith's online diary in The Telegraph

Sunday
The last day of the Bangladesh A game at Worcester. We batted most of the day and gave our tail a bit of batting practice. It was during this match that I felt discomfort in my back but I didn't think it was too serious.

I settled in with a meal and was joined by Jonathan Trott and Neil Carter (from Warwickshire). I toured Pakistan with Trotty with South Africa Under-19s.

It was nice to catch up, but we were distracted by a fist fight between two girls.

Presumably they were fighting over who was next in the queue for Neil Carter's speed dating service. (Incidentally Carter taking part in a speed-dating session in order to jazz up an early Twenty20 game at Edgbaston was probably my favourite moment in the history of cricket. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall.)

There is also a nice bit about how Smith wouldn't go on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Who says players have nothing to say?

No comments: