I have it on good authority (from Mrs Raggybear) that Warwickshire would have been better to have a bat on winning the toss last week.
It was the promise of seaming conditions and respect for Lancashire's pace battery that prompted the decision, however little were they to know that Jimmy Anderson had been kept awake all night by an owl hooting outside his bedroom window. Maybe if he'd been asked to bowl first thing while bleary eyed and Warwickshire hadn't been facing spin demon 14yo Simon Kerrigan last on a raging turner it could have been a different story.
In other cricket related Twitter news; Graham Swann's cat licked his dinner plate clean when he couldn't be bothered to take into the kitchen.
Best of The Raggy Bear
Best of the Web
- Brian Halford on CC reorganisation proposals (Blog 31/03/10)
- Lee Daggett's mum steps in to solve stand-off (Post 20/08/08)
- Povey defends Ashes ticket policy at Edgbaston (Post 14/08/08)
- Warwickshire draw brings concern over form (Post 15/08/08)
- Give me 19th century North Tibetan yak hoofprint cave drawings any day! (Mail 04/06/08)
- Can bat, can bowl, can't write (Cricinfo 18/08/08)
- Former Warwickshire captain's historic stand for the professionals (Post 12/08/08)
- Michael Powell first to go as Warwickshire get tough (06/08/08 Mail)
- ECB unveils new Twenty20 tournament (Cricinfo 16/07/08)
- EU ruling could spell end to Kolpaks (Cricinfo 22/07/08)